Monday, August 19, 2013

Juice your lil heart out!!!

Getting' JUICY!!!


So, I got an awesome Breville juicer last year for xmas and it's a pretty amazing machine. I learned pretty quickly that you can juice just about anything, the possibilities are endless. The clean-up is really easy which I'm super happy about because I know that the thought of cleaning some beast of a machine would more than likely stop me from juicing on a busy day. While it does take a little time to make sure that you thoroughly clean it, it's totally worth it for the result. 
Today I made a lovely concoction of Carrots, Beets, 1 Pear, 1 Apple a chunk of Ginger Root. Yum!

 Rinse off your ingredients but no need to peel or anything, there's a lot of nutrients in there!

I don't always cut the ends off, I just felt like it today and it's totally up to you.



 I usually cut my fruit n veg into smaller pieces, just to make it easier on the juicer. You'll get a feel for what your machine can handle.
For the ginger, start off with a small chunk, about an inch wide. This is totally a matter of personal taste. I like a LOT of ginger but many people don't. Just experiment with small doses at first. you can always add more.


 I usually start with my beets and carrots first only because I love how vibrant the colors are together. Once you start adding other fruits n veg the color will die down just a bit, but I just love the impact of the bright orange and magenta juices swirling around together.

Always juice the harder items on high then switch to low for soft ones like pears or cucumbers.
Oh, just look at the vibrant goodness!



You can juice just about anything, get yourself one and go crazy!!
Ooh the frothy yumminess, like nature's whipped cream!











2 comments: