Monday, August 19, 2013

Kale, Pineapple, Lime & Coconut Smoothie!

Kale, Pineapple, Lime & Coconut Smoothie!
 So, I accompanied a friend of mine to Costco last weekend and as many of you probably know, you could practically live off of the samples there...good thing I went hungry! I sampled some bruschetta, frozen yogurt...and then it happened. The Vitamix demonstration!! Good god! I've wanted one of these magnificent machines for a while, they can do it all! It's an industrial powered food processor, blender, juicer, ice cream maker, soup maker; they're awesome...and over $500!
This didn't stop me from stalking the sweet lady providing me with one delicious sample after another. The first one I tried was fresh kale, pineapple, lime and coconut. Yum! I could've kissed her on the mouth! I knew I had to come home and try to recreate this fine elixir with either my juicer or blender as soon as possible. I opted for the blender as I have yet to try kale in my juicer but I'm sure it'll work just fine. The blender just offers faster clean-up and I wanted to pretend I had a Vitamix!
 I started with a bunch of kale, a fresh pineapple, one lime and some Coconut Almond Milk.


I recently found out that the way to check a pineapple for ripeness is to tug on one of it's leaves, if it comes out easily, it's ready!
Chop up your pineapple and toss it in the blender.


Chop up your kale and toss it in there too! 




Here's another cool tip I learned recently. If you need the juice from a lime but don't want to waste the whole thing, just tap it



Always roll your citrus between the palm of your hand and a hard surface before slicing to get the most juice out of it, but this time, rather than slicing, just poke it with a toothpick and squeeze out only what you need.

Then plug up the hole with the toothpick and store in the fridge...GENIUS!




Add your Almond Coconut Milk
And GO!!
Behold! The healthy goodness of fresh, local ingredients...GET IN MY BELLY!!

  Kale, Pineapple, Lime & Coconut Smoothie! 

 SERVES 1


2 Cups Pineapple, chopped
1 Cup Kale, chopped
The Juice from 1 Lime, to taste
1/2 or so Almond Coconut Milk
A banana would be awesome in here too!











No comments:

Post a Comment